File without an Attorney

A Self-Represented Litigant (Pro Se) is a person who appears in court without the assistance of a lawyer.

Pro Se FAQs

Where do I get the forms that I need to create a filing?

You can use TurboCourt to prepare the documents you need and file them online or you can find the forms you need on our Forms page.

How can I prepare a filing?

You can create the forms online using TurboCourt or you can scan in paper forms which you have prepared and e-File them through the FCCC ePortal.

If I don't know how to do this, can the Clerk help me?

Pursuant to Florida Statutes, the Clerk of the Circuit Court shall provide ministerial assistance* (*procedural information needed to insure that litigants representing themselves -- "pro se" -- have meaningful access to the civil justice system). Assistance shall NOT include the providing of legal advice.

If you are a low income resident and you have questions that require legal advice, please see the FAQ on this page "Free Legal Advice for Low Income Residents.

Free Legal Advice for Low Income Residents

If you require legal advice and are an eligible, low income resident, you may be able to get free legal assistance for certain non-criminal case types.

Bay Area Legal Services and Gulf Coast Legal Services are non-profit agencies that may be able to assist you with legal questions regarding domestic violence, family law, foreclosure and senior advocacy.

Florida Free Legal Answers is an online service, available 24 hours a day, that provides free, brief, basic legal advice to low income residents. Help may include adoption, divorce, name changes, child support, domestic violence, bankruptcy, wills and estate planning.

How can I view my file?

You can view your case information through the Hillsborough Online Viewing of Electronic Records (HOVER).

What are the fees and fines associated with this service?

See the Fees and Fines page for more information.