Court Registry

The Accounting Department has a fiduciary responsibility related to funds collected and disbursed by court order or other legal authority.  One area of special interest involves the Registry of the Court.  The Registry holds funds (monies) by the authority of the Florida State Statutes or by Order of the Court, pending further action by the court.  A signed Court Order is required before funds can be deposited into or withdrawn from the Court Registry.

Frequently Asked Questions

How and where do I deposit money into the Registry of the Court?

Payments can be made in person or by mail to Clerk of the Court, PO Box 3360, Tampa FL 33601-3360. Please bring or mail a copy of the court order with the deposit. If you do not have a copy, you may obtain one by accessing the Hillsborough Online Viewing of Electronic Records (HOVER) system. 

What forms of payment are accepted and how should money orders or cashier's checks be made out?

Personal checks cannot be accepted for deposits into the court registry. You may either pay in cash, with a cashier's check or money order; which should be made payable to Clerk of Circuit Court.


Is there a Registry fee?

Yes, the fee specified under Florida Statute 28.24 is 3% of the first $500.00 and 1.5% of the remaining balance.

How can I find out if money has been deposited into the Registry or the current balance of money in the Registry?

You can view deposits into and balances of Court Registry accounts at this link:

If I am entitled to money from the Clerk, when can I receive the money?

The Hillsborough County Clerk of the Circuit Court strives to make payments quickly and accurately, within the timeframe set by statute and court orders. The guidelines below are provided to help you understand when to expect a check from our office.

  • Court-ordered payments, such as registry money: Approximately 10 calendar days after receipt of a certified copy of a court order directing the funds to be released.
  • Restitution: Approximately 14 business days from the date of cleared payment by the defendant.
  • Vendor payments for goods & services: Approximately 30 days from the receipt of goods/services.
  • Jury compensation: 20 calendar days from the date of service.
  • Overpayment: 30 calendar days from the date of payment.

I am expecting a check from the Clerk of the Circuit Court but it hasn't arrived. Where can I find out about the status of the check?

A list of uncashed checks is available here. If you find your name on the list and need the check to be reissued or if your name is not on the list, call 813-276-8100.