Final Judgment for Other than Non-Payment of Rent

NOTICE: Litigation forms and instructions are provided by the Florida Supreme Court for use by persons not represented by legal counsel. The Clerk provides access to these forms and instructions as a matter of public convenience. However, the Clerk cannot provide legal advice to persons who want to use these forms. Specific guidance as to how to proceed with filing a lawsuit or answering a lawsuit and questions about your particular situation should be directed to a qualified attorney.

If the tenant does not file an answer to your complaint, you should complete the forms listed below:

  1. Motion for Default (form COCV 1215)
  2. Affidavit in Proof of Claim and Non-Military service (form COCV 1240): Complete all of the information requested in the form. You will need to sign this form in the presence of a notary public or a deputy clerk. There is a fee charged if the oath and notarization Is performed by a deputy clerk and proper identification is required.
  3. Judgment for Possession - Count I (form COCV 1774): Complete all of the information requested in the form. Check one of two lines directing when the writ of possession shall be issued. Print or type in the amount of court costs expended (filing fee and cost for service of the summons).
  4. Writ of Possession (form COCV 1239): Complete all of the information requested in the form. Print or type the name, address and telephone number of the person to be contacted by the deputy on the liens at the lower left side of the form. This is the person who will be contacted at the time the writ of possession is enforced.

If the tenant does file an answer, you must prepare and file a Request for Hearing. No preprinted Request for Hearing is available. After a hearing, form COCV 1774 and form COCV 1239 may need to be completed.

All completed forms are files with the Clerk's office, County Civil Division, and are submitted to the judge for review.