CLERK OF COURT & COMPTROLLER
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, FLORIDA
Some traffic violations require a mandatory court appearance. If you were charged with a criminal traffic violation, you will need to appear in court. If you were charged with certain non-criminal traffic violations, you may also be required to appear in court. These charges include, but are not limited to:
• Any ticket that indicates serious bodily injury or fatality
• Any speeding ticket 30 MPH or more
• Leaving a child unattended in a vehicle with the motor running
• Passing a stopped school bus on the exit side
• Load dropping from the back of a vehicle or littering over 15 pounds
• No proof of insurance if you own the vehicle and cannot provide proof of insurance
If your ticket has "Infraction. Court appearance required as indicated below.", you will need to report to the court location indicated on the front of the traffic ticket at the bottom.
You will also receive an arraignment hearing date notice via U.S. mail. All notices will be sent to the address listed on the traffic ticket (citation). It is the driver's responsibility to keep the Clerk's Office informed of his/her correct mailing address.
NOTE: Failure to appear at your appointed court session could result in the suspension of your driver's license and additional fees. It is important that you appear on time, on the correct date at the correct location.